Canadian Rockies Half & Full Day Photography Tours & Workshops
Tours from 2 to 10 hours
Kananaskis • Canmore • Banff National Park • Yoho National Park • Icefield Parkway
Aaron is an accredited and multi award winning professional landscape and travel photographer, licensed to run photography tours in the Canadian Rockies. Aaron is also a Photoshop expert with over 18 years of experience and the developer of Luminosity Mask Plugins for Photoshop. From beginner to advanced photographer there’s no doubt you’ll enjoy your time with us, whether it’s wanting to see beautiful locations in great light or you want to learn the ins and outs of landscape / travel photography or improve your post processing. We look forward to having you along on one of our tours or workshops.
Our half & full day workshops are completely flexible and will be tailored specific to your needs.
Contact Aaron directly to discuss your requirements:
Local: (403) 493 9532
International: +1 (403) 493 9532
Contact us using the details above, or the contact form at the bottom of the page.
Tour / Workshop Details
Participants: 1 – 4 *
Dates Available: We are available year round, with the exception of when we are running our set photography tours.
Duration: 2, 5 or 10 Hours
Transportation: We pick up and drop of at hotels in the Banff / Canmore Area
Skill Level: Beginner to Advanced
Price: See Booking & Availability Below
* all participants will be from the same group up to 4 persons, we do not take multiple bookings from separate groups.
Locations are completely flexible and will be tailored to meet your needs. On our half day tours we can work throughout the Kananaskis Region, Banff, Lake Louise & Moraine Lake and as far north as Herbert Lake on the Icefield Parkway.
On our full day tours we can travel as far North as the Columbia Icefields.
If you’d prefer we can arrange everything based on some of our favourite locations in the region.
Note: for 2 hour shoots we will work within the Banff / Canmore area only, this does not include the Lake Louise area.
Sunrise: We endeavour to get to sunrise locations at least 30 minutes prior to sunrise. This can mean a very early start depending on the time of year and the location for sunrise.
Sunset: We endeavour to get to sunset locations at least 45min to 1 hour before sunset, allowing us to explore the area.
Night: If you are interested in night photography, either moonlight or astro photography, we’ll research at the time of reservation the best places and times based on the conditions, moon and star positions.
On our full day tours, you can split your time between sunrise and sunsets, to get the most out of the day.
Our tours are completely flexible and can work at any time of the day or night. As we only take one booking per day, we are completely at your disposal.
What We Can Cover
We work with beginners right through to advanced photographers and cover many photographic techniques and post processing. Regardless of your needs or skill level we can work with you to get the most out of your photography in the Rockies. Below are some of the topics we can cover with you:
- Exposure Settings: ISO, Aperture & Shutter Speed
- Ideal settings for landscapes and creative effect
- Focussing and Hyper Focal Distance
- Manual and Auto Exposure Bracketing
- Using filters, CP-L, ND Filters and ND Grads
- Focus Stacking
- Using Live View for Perfect Exposure & Composition
- Seeing the landscape & composition
- Seeing the landscape & composition
- Creativity and breaking the “Rules”
- Shooting for post processing
- Basic to advanced post processing techniques including manual digital blending
What You Will Need
- Lenses (if you have a range of lenses, bring them all)
- Charged Batteries
- Formatted Memory Cards
- Remote Shutter Release (it’s ok if you don’t have one, self timer is ok)
- Filters (if you want to work with them)
- Warm / waterproof clothing
- Hiking / waterproof boots or shoes
- Gloves, beanie depending on conditions
Availability & Booking
We are available at most times throughout the year, with the exception of when we are running our set photography tours in Early August and September through October. Don’t hesitate to contact us with your the dates you are interested and we will get back to promptly.
We only take one booking from a single person or from one group. Therefore, the only persons on the tour will be you as a 1 on 1 or your group booking.
Pricing: 2 Hour Shoot / Workshop
- 1 – 2 Person $250 (total) + 5% GST
- 3 – 4 Person $375 (total) + 5% GST
Pricing: 5 Hour Shoot / Workshop
- 1 – 2 Person $400 (total) + 5% GST
- 3 – 4 Person $650 (total) + 5% GST
Pricing: 10 Hour Shoot / Workshop
- 1 Person $650 (total) + 5% GST
- 2 – 4 Person $900 (total) + 5% GST
- Ensure you enter your e-mail address and / or phone number correctly to ensure we can get in contact with you.
- All payments must be paid in full prior to the tour or workshop.
- Payments will not be taken in cash on the day.
- In the event that we cancel for any reason we will either work with you to re-schedule, but if this is not possible a full refund will be offered.
- In the event that we have to cancel as a result of warnings from Environment Canada we will work with you to re-schedule, but if this is not possible a full refund will be offered.
- No refund will be offered if you cancel within 7 days of the tour day.
- If you cancel with greater then 7 days before departure, 70% of the fee will be refunded. 30% will be retained for administration costs.
- Tours will not be cancelled due to weather, unless there is a warning from Environment Canada.