Photography Guides: Aaron Dowling and Seng Mah
Duration: 6 nights
Participants: Minimum 6, Maximum 10
2015 Tour Dates:
19th of July to 25th of July (2 Spots Remaining) - Completed
– 30th of August to 5th of Sept (1 Spot Remaining)
From the white and black sand beaches, to the towering cliffs and temples around the coast lines, to the inland temples, lakes and volcanos, breathtaking rice terraces and hidden waterfalls, Bali provides magnificent photo opportunities for the discerning photographer. Whether you want to experience a completely relaxing tropical island, or indulge in shopping, massages and the cuisine available, or trek the more remote regions or mountains, visit traditional villages and markets, world class surfing and diving, Bali has something to offer to all who visit.
The Bali Landscape Photography Adventure is your opportunity to discover and photograph this island’s beautiful natural and cultural landscapes. The tour runs for 6 nights and 5 days, and is limited to a maximum of 10 participants to ensure that each person has full access to our guides and the best experience.
What you can expect
- A fully escorted tour with two experienced landscape photographers from Perth.
- Visiting the best land and seascapes that Bali has to offer, also photographing some cultural aspects of life in Bali. We will stop at ceremonies along the way if time permits as well.
- Fully supported with advice and tips along the way to get the most out of your experience.
- Travel in comfort of minibuses with experienced drivers and a personal tour guide with extensive knowledge on local culture.
- Accommodation in Deluxe Rooms.
- 3 Full day tours including both sunrises and sunsets and plenty in between.
- 2 Half day tours, giving you some free time for shopping, massages, or just relaxing by the pool.
- Farewell dinner on the last day of the tour (included in this package).
- Most of all a great experience and a stunning portfolio of the best that Bali has to offer.
If you have ever wanted to visit Bali, but were uncomfortable on your own; or didn’t know where to go, or have been before and didn’t know the photographic hotspots; or would like to travel with experienced photographers and other like minded people, then this is the tour for you. You can be assured that you will be looked after throughout the trip by us, our drivers and hotel staff.
Photographic Requirements This tour is designed for all levels of skill from the beginners right through to the more experienced photographers. It is recommended that the participants have a Digital SLR camera, however any camera that has manual functions will be fit the bill. See below for recommended equipment.
Day 1 – Arrive Arrive in Bali and be transferred to your hotel.
4pm: Meet and greet Aaron, Seng and other photographers on the tour. Aaron will run through an orientation with all participants on what to expect over the next 5 big days.
Following the orientation, all who are interested can join Aaron and Seng for a meal in restaurant overlooking the beach, then back to the hotel for an early evening and get ready for our first big day.
Day 2 – Full Day Tour Up early for a big day, we’ll head out from the hotel early for a full day of photography from sunrise right through to sunset. We will have a few hours in the middle of the day to relax, enjoy lunch and take in some of the local culture.
- Depart hotel to photograph a beautiful sheltered beach in Sanur. This beach is protected by a reef, which means that the you will get beautiful reflections off the sea. There are some traditional boats, and bali huts out in the water at this beach to add additional interest to your photographs.
- Stop at a local restaurant in Sanur for breakfast.
- Then off to a black sand beach where you will get a chance to photograph Fish Markets and boats and huts along the beach.
- Next visiting a stunning Waterfall near Ubud. There are many vantage points to photograph these falls, either from the top of the stairs, or climb down the stairs to view these waterfalls up close.
- Then off to Ubud for some lunch.
- Followed by sunset at a beautiful and not well known Black Sand Beach and Temple for sunset.
- Return to the hotel, for dinner and early evening
Day 3 – Full Day Tour Our second big day out, we will be departing the hotel early, shooting sunrise over rice terraces with a view of the volcanoes and off to an ancient temple followed by an abandoned hotel. We will then get a chance to relax for some lunch and enjoy the scenery and local area before heading off to an traditional fishing village for sunset.
- Depart the hotel early to photograph the Volcanoes, overlooking rice terraces to get some majestic photographs of this beautiful landscape.
- Then off to the ancient (11th century) temple of Gunung Kawi, with large 7m shrines carved into the cliff face.
- Then we will visit an abandoned hotel in the North of Bali where nature has overtaken the hotel and get some really interesting images of urban decay.
- Then relax for lunch and enjoy the surrounds
- We will then visit a traditional fishing village for sunset where we will get the chance to photograph some local fisherman in their environment.
- Return to hotel for dinner and relaxing evening. You will have the opportunity to take in the local area and do some shopping or take in a Balinese massage as there is no need to get up early the next morning.
Day 4 – Half Day Tour After two solid days of photography, this morning will be a chance to sleep in, relax and enjoy some of the local shopping before we head off in the afternoon to another sunset location. In the morning we will gather in a relaxing environment to review images and get an opportunity to pick up some additional tips.
- Optional Attendance: We’ll relax around the pool at the hotel and review some of the images from the trip so far and pick up tips on how to improve our images, and get some tips on other things we can try throughout the remainder of the tour.
- Leaving the hotel at about 2pm, we will visit Tanah Lot, a beautiful temple in the water on the West coast of the island. Here you will be able to photograph Tanah Lot or go inside the temple, there is also a natural archway over the water with another temple “Batu Bolong Temple” a few hundred metres North. Also along that beach, if the water is flowing, is a waterfall coming off the cliffs into the ocean.
- After sunset we will depart Tanah Lot and return to the hotel for dinner and an early evening to get ready for an early start the next day.
Day 5 – Full Day Tour Another big day ahead of us, visiting the highlands north of Ubud to photograph the Volcanoes.. We will then head to an epic waterfall and then a relaxing lunch, followed by a sunset shoot in the rice terraces of Ubud with some local rice farmers.
- Off early again to Kintamani to Photograph the Volcanoes.
- Then off for a relaxing bite to eat overlooking the volcanoes.
- Then we head off to photograph a beautiful remote waterfall in the North of Bali. There are a couple of waterfalls in this area.
- Then we will relax in the mid-afternoon and grab a bite of lunch.
- Returning from the North to Ubud where we will get the unique opportunity to photograph local rice farmers at sunset in the rice terraces.
- After sunset we’ll return to the hotel for dinner.
Day 6 – Half Day Tour On our last touring day we will visit a temple on a lake, then head off to the some beautiful turquoise waterfalls, before returning to relax for the afternoon, before heading out for a farewell dinner.
- Up early to photograph Temples on a Lake in Bali’s North. This is a stunning and colourful temple situated on a lake near the village of Bedegul.
- Then off to the gorgeous turquoise waterfalls North of the Bedegul.
- Then off to breakfast in a local restaurant.
- We will then return to our hotel so that you can enjoy a relaxing afternoon and get a little shopping in.
- We will then head out for a farewell dinner in a local restaurant (all food provided as part of package, excluding alcohol). This will be our final opportunity to talk with each other about the great adventure over the past 5 days.
Day 7 – Depart Tour / Bali With the tour now over your transport will be organised for your return to the airport, and farewell to an epic landscape photography adventure
- All Accommodation (a Deluxe Room in Sanur).
- Organised transport for all locations in the 5 day tour.
- Entry Fees to locations while on this tour.
- Airport Transfers
- Breakfast at Hotel, Water and snacks while on tours, (lunch & dinners not provided unless noted)
- All expert photographic advice and guidance.
- Farewell Dinner on the last night
- Flights to/from Bali.
- Entry Visa on Arrival ($35USD)
- Airport Taxes / Fee on Departure ($200k IDR – Approximately $20AUD) Note: This should now be included in your airline tickets.
- All Tips
- Any transport or trips not detailed above.
- Meals with exclusion of Farewell Dinner, Breakfast at Hotel and Snacks during tours
- Travel Insurance (This must be obtained before acceptance to the tour)
- Camera Equipment (you will need to supply your own camera, lenses, tripod, etc…)
- Personal expenses such as laundry, meals outside of breakfast when at hotel, telephone, entry fees to sites not listed in the tour itinerary and so on.
Costs are based on double occupancy of $1,799 AUD per person.
Single Supplement $350 – on request
A $300 non-refundable deposit will be required at the time of booking. Deposits will be returned if the tour is cancelled if the minimum numbers booked is not met.
Note: some of the locations will require climbing up and down steep stairs and navigating on some slippery surfaces so a reasonable level of fitness and dexterity will be required.
RESERVE YOUR PLACE
Fill in the form below and we will contact you to organise your booking and payment of the deposit, or contact Aaron directly on:
Mobile: 0477 704 608
Payments can be made either by Cheque, Direct Deposit or Credit Card with Paypal
Thank you, Aaron, for all the planning and organising you have done to make this Tour such a success. I would heartily recommend any fellow photographers to take one of your tours and to enjoy everything they have to offer.
I have learn’t more about settings and have some great shots that I am proud to share. I think these types of tours are the way to go for Martin & I to travel as we love photography and you took all the stress out of what I think may have been a nightmare had we tried to do it on our own.
As a member of the Bali Tour July 19-25 2015, I must congratulate you both on the sharing of your skills with all tour members. The locations were great and you helped us all to achieve some wonderful images. Your guidance and caring attention to us was superlative.
I thoroughly recommend anyone thinking of joining your tour for it’s realistic pricing, awesome locations and your depth of knowledge in photography which you both willingly helped us to bring back some unique and exceptional images
Vicki & David Princep
I would just like to say thank you for such a wonderful photographic experience to the beautiful island of Bali that we recently returned from. We had the best time, and learnt so much, it was definitely a high point in holiday experiences we have had to date. The locations you organised for us to visit were absolutely stunning, the guide was gorgeous, and our accommodation was great. I liked the combination of professionalism and friendliness shown by yourself personally, and at all times we felt well looked after. I also enjoyed the freedom we had to go off and shoot at the locations wherever or however we wanted, but if we needed any help, tips or advice you were readily available to lend a helping hand. I found the information shared very generous, helpful and explained in layman easy to understand language.
Did I mention the fun aspect? We had so much fun and laughed often, I would thoroughly recommend anyone who has a passion for photography to take their next holiday in this way. To share with like minded people in such an environment is simply priceless.
Thank you for such a rich and rewarding experience.
What a memorable and exhilarating photography adventure we had. It was 5 days of fun, fellowship and some of the best landscape photography I’ve ever experienced. I had a fantastic time and I just want to say a huge thanks to you and Seng for sharing your photography knowledge and skills so willingly with us. I learnt a lot and I know that it’s going to help me develop my skills in this hobby that I love.
Thank you Aaron for a great Bali photographic adventure. I really enjoyed the time I spent with you and the others on this trip. I learned a lot from you and I doubt I would have seen any of these beautiful locations in Bali had I not taken part. Thank you for organising such comfortable, reliable transport. We had a great driver who knew all the right short cuts, and a heartfelt thank you too to our amazing guide, Dewi, we were so well looked after. Gunung Kawi remains my favourite location – you can sense the aura of majesty of the place when walking through there, truly beautiful and I hope my photos do it justice…. I can’t wait to get my photos onto my computer and start working with them. Thank you for the trouble you went to, to ensure we all had what we needed and we all are coming home with happy memories, tired legs and photos we can be proud of. Thank you.